Bella & Wren Books
Rattan: A World of Elegance and Charm
Rattan furnishings evoke the glamour and laid back elegance of exotic beach houses as well as the informal beauty of plant filled garden rooms and sun dappled verandas.
Long fascinated with rattan's versatility, designer Lulu Lytle examines the enduring appeal of this sustainable tropical palm in RATTAN: A WORLD OF ELEGANCE AND CHARM. The first book in decades to examine the history and craftsmanship of rattan furniture, this insightful tome showcases rattan's appeal through archival images of beautiful interiors including Madeleine Castaing''s winter garden in Paris, Michael Taylor''s own Californian beach house, the Titanic's Café Parisian and the Billy Baldwin designed Mr. Kennedy''s beauty salon in New York City. Rattan''s many personalities are explored through its inclusion in settings as diverse as Impressionist paintings, flamboyant nightclubs, and pared-down contemporary drawing rooms.
A reflection of its inherent beauty and longevity, antique rattan furniture from the nineteenth century is highly collectible, as are rattan pieces created by giants of modern design such as Josef Hoffmann for Thonet, Josef Frank for Svenskt Tenn, Jean-Michel Frank for Ecart, Renzo Mongiardino for Bonacina, Arne Jacobsen for Sika, Paul Frankl and Donald Deskey. Rattan pieces have become iconic and highly prized, including Hiroomi Tahara's Wrap Sofa, Franca Helg's Primavera Chair, and the many iterations of the beloved Peacock Chair. RATTAN also highlights some of the many tastemakers who have embraced rattan--from Marella Agnelli, Babe Paley, and Cecil Beaton to leading interior designers including Jeffrey Bilhuber, Veere Grenney, Axel Vervoordt, and Jacques Grange.
About the Author
Lulu Lytle, long smitten with the romance and versatility of rattan, rescued the last remaining workshop in Britain in 2010 in order to establish Soane Britain''s rattan workshop in Leicestershire, England. Currently, Soane employs fifteen craftsmen to make its own range of rattan furniture and lighting as well as bespoke commissions. Mitchell Owens is the decorative arts editor of Architectural Digest and the former interior-design director of Elle Decor. He has contributed to the New York Times, The World of Interiors, Departures, Travel + Leisure, and other publications.
IN STORE PURCHASES
We want to ensure you are in love with all your purchases from Bella & Wren. If you are not 100% happy with your item we allow returns to be made within 7 days of purchase or exchange/store credit within 14 days. The following conditions must be met for all items being brought back:
- Returned merchandise must be in original condition with tags on. It must not have been washed, worn or damaged.
- Merchandise must be accompanied by a physical receipt or digital receipt attached to your customer profile.
SALE items with a discount over 40% are FINAL SALE.
Note: Bella & Wren has the right to deny a refund if the item is not in the condition stated above.
For Online Returns/Exchanges please follow the directions listed out below:
1. For online orders, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days upon arrival of your order for return inquiries, 14 days for exchange or store credit.
2. In your email please provide us with your order # & the name of the items you wish to return/exchange.
3. Upon email approval for return/exchange please send back the items to Po Box 174 Stn Fort Langley, Langley BC V1M 2R5 within 10 days. Please note Bella & Wren does not cover cost for shipping items back.
4. Once you have sent your items back for return please email us with the tracking details.
5. Once we receive the items & confirm they are in original purchase condition with tags attached and original packaging we will then issue you a refund back onto the original method of payment or provide you with a store credit.
*Please note the customer is responsible for shipping charges on exchanged items being sent out.
United States Orders
All orders to the United States will be final sale. Due to customs clearance fees and processing, we will no longer accept returns or exchanges on US orders. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Note: If an item is returned damaged it may be sent back to the customer at their own expense.