FOLKLIFE Magazine - Volume 3 2021
WHAT IS FOLKLIFE?
A magazine for the self-confessed (or not) window watchers.
Have you felt it? The change of air and energy and pace driving off the ferry that carried you across the ocean and onto the rock you call home or away? Have you breathed in that ultra-oxygenated air and took in the mass of green depths surrounding you? Have you felt your heartbeat quiet, your steps grow slower, and your openness for quiet connection in the bread aisle come over you?
It’s the invisible link to people who may be your neighbours, or beautiful strangers living deliberate lives. A connection to art, to community, to the beauty in the simple things, and to a romantic life of slow intention.
It’s island time; it’s intentional living; it’s paradise.
This is FOLKLIFE: a semi-annual print publication inspired by lives of wild intention, living on rocks in the ocean.
Here at FOLKLIFE, we’re storytellers.
With our beautiful, minimalist design, poetic editorial, and vibrant photography, readers trust FOLKLIFE to be a window into the salty wild. FOLKLIFE showcases art and agriculture, business and creativity, food and farming, and dwellings and nature, all inspired by the intentional lives on the Gulf Islands in British Columbia.
As the only semi-annual lifestyle print magazine solely featuring content from the Gulf Islands, FOLKLIFE celebrates and connects those living simply, and as an art form, through engaging interviews, stories, photographs, recipes, and art.
We’re with our readers wherever they go and whenever they need a dose of inspiration or a quick and unique distraction to get them through the (very full) busy days. For them, FOLKLIFE is more than a magazine: we’re a friendly and inspiring way of life.
IN STORE PURCHASES
We want to ensure you are in love with all your purchases from Bella & Wren. If you are not 100% happy with your item we allow returns to be made within 7 days of purchase or exchange/store credit within 14 days. The following conditions must be met for all items being brought back:
- Returned merchandise must be in original condition with tags on. It must not have been washed, worn or damaged.
- Merchandise must be accompanied by a physical receipt or digital receipt attached to your customer profile.
SALE items with a discount over 40% are FINAL SALE.
Note: Bella & Wren has the right to deny a refund if the item is not in the condition stated above.
For Online Returns/Exchanges please follow the directions listed out below:
1. For online orders, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days upon arrival of your order for return inquiries, 14 days for exchange or store credit.
2. In your email please provide us with your order # & the name of the items you wish to return/exchange.
3. Upon email approval for return/exchange please send back the items to Po Box 174 Stn Fort Langley, Langley BC V1M 2R5 within 10 days. Please note Bella & Wren does not cover cost for shipping items back.
4. Once you have sent your items back for return please email us with the tracking details.
5. Once we receive the items & confirm they are in original purchase condition with tags attached and original packaging we will then issue you a refund back onto the original method of payment or provide you with a store credit.
*Please note the customer is responsible for shipping charges on exchanged items being sent out.
United States Orders
All orders to the United States will be final sale. Due to customs clearance fees and processing, we will no longer accept returns or exchanges on US orders. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Note: If an item is returned damaged it may be sent back to the customer at their own expense.